Saturday, November 19, 2016

number 2 [week 37]


Symptoms: Still pregnant over here! My contractions continue to be next to nonexistent. Heartburn is still prevalent in the morning, except for when I substitute my regular fried egg muffin with cheese for a small bowl of Pumpkin Cheerios. I've noticed that my hands and feet have hardly been swollen at all throughout this entire pregnancy, which is such a difference from when I carried Simon. I don't think I'll have to take off my wedding ring this time around!

Cravings: My sweet tooth is still in full force.

Aversions: Honestly, nothing, I want to eat everything, even the stuff I can't have.

Missing: Comfortable sleep, which has just become a cruel joke at this point.

Mood: Up and down. I keep thinking that this baby is coming any day now, and yet here he still gestates. My positivity toward claiming that Boyfriend will come early has turned into negativity in believing that this kiddo is staying in utero until college.

Sleep: As mentioned above, it's not been so great. Restless leg syndrome is back, and foot cramps have returned two nights in a row after an approximate two-week hiatus. Everything is just so uncomfortable. Insomnia has been an issue, too.

Dreams: I'm daydreaming about going into labor everyday, that's for dang sure!

Movement: Wesley's frequency in movements are less, which is completely normal as he is following longer patterns of sleep and less waking time. When he is awake I'm rattled by either his super strong hiccups or his super strong, stretching kicks and rolls that leap in all different directions. He also sometimes feels sideways, which makes no sense, and it's expectantly uncomfortable. I'm reminding myself through the discomfort that all movement is good movement.

Best Moment: Jen and I got "prego pampered" last weekend. We met for a belly date for manicures and pedicures. It felt wonderful doing something special and relaxing for myself while hanging out with Jen. She is due with her fourth--a second girl--about a week before me, so we'll see whose baby makes an appearance first!

Baby Buys: I found curtains for Wesley's room, and now the nursery is officially complete. I can't stop walking in there to enjoy the sight! Photos to come soon.

Other News: My official 38-week prenatal appointment was on Tuesday. I wasn't super excited having to be there, but Eric and I were eager to find out what kind of progress I'd made in the last two weeks. My doctor's exam found that I am dilated 3 cm, effaced 70%, and carrying an approximate 7 lb. bundle of joy. She was surprised that my contractions have slowed down so much, but assured me that it won't be too much longer (because ya know, he HAS TO come out). Even though I've experienced so little swelling, my doctor suggested that I take off my toe ring to avoid the possibility of needing it cut off due to potential swelling in my feet during active labor. I'd forgotten all about my toe ring since it hasn't caused me any discomfort thus far, but with Eric's reminder I obediently took it off that night just to be safe.

Looking Forward To: Do I have to say it? MEETING WESLEY! I'm so ready for you, darling. Please, just come on out to meet us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment