Monday, November 7, 2016
just a little swing
I've mentioned how much my dad has been helping with Wesley's room while Eric and I navigate our busy schedules with work and Simon (and let's be honest, he's by far the handiest of us all). The baby swing has been in pieces on the floor of the nursery for a few days, and my dad decided to help start assembling it back together. Simon noticed it partially constructed and asked me what it was.
I pulled up the above photo from his 1-month blog so Simon could get an idea of what the swing will look like and how it will work. Looking at this photo of my first-born, wearing a pair of pajamas that I just washed and hung up in Wesley's closet, brought so many emotions and realizations. In a matter of what could be only days I am going to have another little boy who may look exactly like the one pictured above, wearing the same jammies, swinging in the same swing. I don't know if it's nostalgia or deja vu, or a little bit of both, but reality is hitting hard.
I'll have to try to remember to snap a shot of Wesley's first ride in this swing to compare the two. If I'm really coordinated he'll be in those same footies, too.
Labels:
NaBloPoMo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment