Monday, November 21, 2016

it's beginning to get closer to Christmas


Wesley's stocking is officially en route to our house, and today I purchased his First Christmas ornament for our tree. It amazes me how on top of things I am with this child, especially since I didn't even purchase Simon's First Christmas ornament until after his first Christmas (but don't tell him that).

I had it all planned out that we'd put up our Christmas tree last Friday evening, specifically because it was the kick-off of my Thanksgiving break. Then when the time came, it felt way too early for a Christmas tree. Eric even agreed, which wasn't much of a shock at all.

Now it's Monday night, I'm officially on break, and I'm still pregnant. I'm kind of feeling ready to put up the tree now, but just the tree and the lights for the time being. Eric looked at me like I'm crazy, and I assured him that I'm not exactly asking him to pull the box out of the garage... yet. I just feel like I should be doing anything and everything productive around here until this kid comes out!

We'll see how far I make it... which will make a debut in this house first: Wesley or our Christmas tree? Taking bets now (probably best to put them on the stupid tree).



No comments:

Post a Comment