Sunday, November 6, 2016

number 2 [week 35]


Symptoms: It's difficult to tell from the picture, but my belly has dropped. It wasn't until others began pointing it out to me that I examined my unclothed belly in the mirror at home and found my bump resting in a lower position. I didn't notice it myself because I haven't felt like I'm breathing easier or experiencing less heartburn, but gravity has made an effect. I'm trying to stay active--doing as much as I can around the house and even sometimes walking a little bit during the end of my lunch break.

Cravings: French fries. I did indulge. It was amazing.

Aversions: Salads and I still aren't friends. I don't think Eric believed me when I told him I was done.

Missing: NOT having heartburn!

Mood: I'm still happy as a clam, excited, a little hormonal, and tired. A pretty good mix of normal pregnancy emotions.

Sleep: It's been rough here and there some nights. I've woken with horrible cramps and not gotten enough rest. I'm craving naps.

Dreams: I don't know if I've even slept well enough to dream. There was probably something random about work or friends, but my brain is too jelly to remember.

Movement: This little boy continues to feel bigger. He's all over the place, quite literally. Kick counts remain solid.

Best Moment: So many to choose from; I was showered with gifts and love at my work baby shower, Eric and I spent a wonderful night away for our belated anniversary celebration in Lake Tahoe, and Simon enjoyed his 4th Halloween dressed as Rocky from Paw Patrol. It was such a busy week, no wonder I'm exhausted!

Baby Buys: My generous coworkers gifted us an Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper. It wasn't the exact co-sleeper that I wanted, but we're going to try it out and hopefully make it work. I am so thankful for their kindness!

Other News: Eric and I attended our Preparing for Childbirth class offered by Kaiser. We were the only second-time parents there, but there was still a lot of valuable information to be reminded of and learn about. We never took classes when I was pregnant with Simon since I planned to ask for an epidural. Ending up with basically a non-medicated delivery left me with no idea what to do or how to breathe and a serious lack of control. In the class we found a lot of value in learning the different labor positions that can be used during a non-medicated labor, as well as several different types of massages that Eric can perform to ease discomfort and relax me. We feel much more prepared, and I am so glad we attended the class.

Looking Forward To: The end! I want this babe to fully cook, but I don't think we're going a full 40 weeks. We shall see!


my work baby shower

our Tahoe getaway

Clark Kent, Winnie the Pooh, & Rocky

No comments:

Post a Comment