Something amazing just recently happened in our house: we actually made a meal out of one of my belly picture vegetables rather than allowing it to go to waste!
I'll admit: I've been horrible and lazy. The acorn squash, the rutabaga, most of the head of lettuce, and about maybe a 1/4 of the cucumber went into the trash. Sure, plenty of the other fruits and veggies have been consumed over the course of the last 30 weeks, but I've tossed out more than I planned to.
Until... I bought the butternut squash. I was determined to make soup out of this gourd, as I've been craving and desiring to make homemade soups for weeks. Instead of buying the produce and telling myself I'd look for a recipe later, I pulled one up on my phone before entering the store and bought the squash AND all the other items needed for the recipe all at the same time! GENIUS! (I know; not really, but I'm pregnant and my mind is jello so give me a break.)
The recipe I found is from Whole Foods and Oh. My. Gosh. this soup came out incredibly delicious. It was very easy to make and called for simple ingredients (Eric did most of it but I did help prep!). We didn't bother with puréeing the soup at the end, and I actually really liked it soft and chunky. Paired with whole wheat Italian bread and pan-fried veggies, it tasted fabulous and was healthy!
Classic Butternut Squash Soup
No comments:
Post a Comment