Wednesday, October 26, 2016

number 2 [week 34]


Symptoms: My mind definitely has more energy than my body. I'm tiring out fast again, but still feeling like there are so many things needed to do. With busy weekends still ahead, plus Halloween, plus putting the finishing touches on Wesley's room, I've got a lot on my plate. I'm thankful for the moments I can move faster. I'm not so grateful for my continuing daily dose of morning heartburn, nightly back pain, and all day contractions.

Cravings: I've had a MAJOR sweet tooth. It's like your body is programmed to want treats during this time of year.

Aversions: Nothing's turned me off recently. Still highly limiting carbs.

Missing: Pasta, bread, starch, oh my!

Mood: Really happy and loving this growing baby. A touch stressed about everything that needs to be done before his debut.

Sleep: It's still been better since my massage. Last night was the first time I started to feel leg/foot cramps again for the first time since my appointment. Back pain has made some nights uncomfortable, but not horrible.

Dreams: I experienced another graphic and upsetting nightmare about an immediate family member. It was awful and kept me awake for a while in the middle of the night while I tried to erase the terrible images from my head. I was even still a little scarred from it the next morning. Why can't I just happily dream about my Wesley?

Movement: This boy continues his uterine parade. He's getting higher into my ribs and has given me a few good, painful jabs right into those delicate bones. I love him and all, but that totally isn't cool.

Best Moment: The new carpet was finally installed! Wesley's room has been completely transformed and looks nothing like the crap hole it used to be. We found baseboards at Lowe's that are almost a perfect match to those in the rest of the house, and my dad was a huge help with painting, cutting, and installing them after the carpet came. Eric brought in the crib and put it together last night, and I just can't get over how much it looks like an actual room now. I've gone in there and just sat on the new floor, daydreaming about Wesley being here and watching him grow in his room.

Baby Buys: I went back to the chiropractor for a second adjustment and went to my second prenatal yoga class with Briana. My adjustment, just 30 minutes before class, really helped me stretch better in some of the poses where my belly being in the way wasn't an issue. I do, however, fear that I was only able to make it a couple days before the back pain returned. I don't want to have to get adjusted too frequently, but this big bump isn't going to make things any easier or more comfortable while it continues to grow. We'll see how I make it through this next weekend.

Other News: We went to our 3rd and final October wedding on Saturday. Eric and I attended the adults-only affair at Gold Hill Gardens in Newcastle. Our friends, Sara and Levi, got married outside in the afternoon, and the outdoor reception followed and continued on into what became quite a brisk evening. I spent a lot of time sitting with my achy back, but did manage to get in a little dancing with my handsome hubby. It was nice being out with just adults and a large group of our friends. We took Simon to The Pumpkin Farm the next morning where we played, fed the farm animals, picked out pumpkins, and treated ourselves to some really yummy kettle corn. The boy seriously had the time of his life and made me feel like the luckiest mom in the world.

Looking Forward To: Our night away for our anniversary! Eric and I leave tomorrow evening for Tahoe. I can't believe this will be our first trip out of town together without Simon. The mommy part of me is sad to leave him, but the prego part of me is really excited to relax!

nursery paint, carpet, and baseboards completed

at Sara and Levi's wedding

with our monkey at The Pumpkin Farm

No comments:

Post a Comment