Symptoms: Although Eric says he doesn't notice a difference, I think I've had a little bit of swelling in my feet. It's completely normal at this stage of pregnancy, and they already hurt all the time. My hands also sometimes feel tingly, and I've noticed my ring sometimes feels a little tighter, but that might also be attributed to the heat. Pregnancy-induced carpel tunnel is a thing, and I'm wondering if I'm in the beginning stages of experiencing it.
Cravings: Still thinking about Oreos nonstop...
Aversions: Nada!
Missing: Eating whatever I want. I can't stop talking about everything I want to eat after giving birth.
Mood: I've been a little hormonal and emotional lately; we've been busy bees with a lot going on.
Sleep: It's still been really great in our luxurious bed. Being able to make it through the work day back at school has been a worry of mine!
Dreams: Really random mixes of totally weird stuff. Nothing stands out, except that food has been recently prevalent in my non-waking thoughts.
Movement: Wesley remains totally active. There are times that he moves so suddenly and powerfully that I yelp out loud or make a funny expression in response. It's been entertaining to those around me.
Best Moment: PAINTING IN WESLEY'S ROOM OFFICIALLY BEGAN! On Saturday Eric and I moved the last of the furniture and boxes out of the room, he removed nails and patched the countless holes and dings we found in the walls, and I removed the outlet and light switch covers. My dad and Ashley came over on Sunday and helped Eric paint the ceiling and walls. Simon got to help paint a special section of wall under the window and was so excited to help. The shelving unit needed lots of sanding before paint, so my dad has been working on that during the last few days. So far I am absolutely in love with the color I picked out, and the room already looks completely transformed. The door, door frame, closet, and closet doors still need paint, and unfortunately carpet orders are backed up and we won't be able to get an install for 3-4 weeks. On the bright side, we're having measurements taken next week and will have plenty of time to paint and install new baseboards since the old ones were no good. It's slowly coming together!
Pregnancy Purchases: Do our maternity photos count? We got them done with Jamie of Jamie Scobee Photography, a close family friend of our friend, Brett. Simon was a ham the whole morning, but we had a great time with Jamie and felt really comfortable during the shoot. I've already seen a few teasers and can't wait to see the rest!
Other News: Summer is pretty much over for me. I had my back to school training on Tuesday and got a taste of what it will be like going back to work for the next 3 months. It was nice to see coworkers and colleagues and have delicious In-N-Out for lunch (another craving). We'll see how I fare after the first week back.
Looking Forward To: I am helping out with a co-ed baby shower for our friends Jordon and Brianna. They are expecting their first child, a daughter they're naming Allison. The shower is this Sunday and it should be a lot of fun!
Wesley's room empty and prepped for paint




No comments:
Post a Comment