Saturday, August 6, 2016
number 2 [week 22]
Symptoms: I've been feeling pretty good, but also pretty huge. I'm trying to not worry a lot about my body image, but it's a difficult task when every part of you is constantly changing. As is common with second pregnancies, I began showing sooner this time around than I did with Simon. On top of not being at as low of a pre-pregnancy weight as I was back in 2012, I just feel bigger all around. I tried comparing myself to my last Week 22 belly picture, and Eric thinks I look the same size. I think I look bigger, but I just have to remember that this is a different pregnancy and a different child. Our health is all that really matters.
Cravings: Oreos so bad! I didn't buy any during my last grocery shopping trip because I wanted to be good, but being bad sounds a lot more fun now.
Aversions: Nothing has been particularly bothering me. Woo hoo!
Missing: While I'm trying to appreciate my pregnant body, I am at times still missing my pre-pregnancy self. I recently went through some photos from the beginning of this year, a time when I didn't feel great about myself. I can't believe I felt that way, because I look at those photos now and wish I looked like that now!
Mood: More and more excited to meet my little one, Wesley! He has a name!
Sleep: We finally got a new bed frame, and I'm in heaven! Our bed has been on the floor since we moved into our house. It was completely fine until my belly started getting bigger, and I knew pretty soon that it was going to become more difficult for me to get out of our low bed. Now that our mattresses are raised I'm in total bed bliss, and I feel like I've been sleeping better, too! I would live in this bed all day if I could.
Dreams: I had a weird nightmare that had nothing to do with people I know or places I go. I was just somewhere with someone, and people were trying to capture us. My subconscious didn't like it and thankfully woke me up out of the dream, but I couldn't go back to sleep and was awake for an hour and a half. Mommy was a major grump that following morning.
Movement: Wesley is still as active as ever. I'm starting to wonder if it's a boy-thing, because I remember Simon being the same way. I love feeling Wesley's constant moving in my tummy, as it leaves me rest assured that he's happy and healthy.
Best Moment: Eric and I made a plan to finally paint the nursery this weekend. The room is empty for the most part, with the exception of some baby items and furniture and some empty boxes. My goal has been to get this done before going back to work and have the room as put together as possible by my baby shower at the end of the month. As long as I continue to stay on top of things, we'll have this nursery completed before Halloween so I can relax and wait for labor!
Baby Buys: I found a hamper for Wesley's room at Home Goods, although I may swap it out with Simon's (they're exactly the same, but differ in color). Eric and I also went out to Buy Buy Baby and Target to add items to my Babylist. I was disappointed to not like both store's options for specific things we were looking for. Eric called me picky, but I think I'm just being choosy.
Other News: My summer break is quickly coming to a close. School starts next week, so my days home with Simon are numbered. It's been so nice getting things done around the house and enjoying my nesting mode. Despite Simon's nap refusal, it's been fun being at home together and developing our own daily routine. He's been such a fantastic helper every time we go out shopping for home and/or baby items. My big boy is seriously going to be the best brother ever.
Looking Forward To: Sharing photos of the painted nursery!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment