Eric and I made our annual trip to Apple Hill and had a great time! The weather was perfect for Fall; cool with crisp leaves on the ground and a light breeze in the air. Baby and I got pretty tired rather quickly walking the hills of the orchards and adjusting to the higher elevation, but it was a great day and Eric and I had fun spending time together. We made it through three of our favorite orchards: stop #1 for BBQ lunch and to purchase apple juice, our favorite apple blackberry wine (none for me... bummer!) and apple butter; stop #2 for dessert (Eric ordered apple crumble cheesecake and baby and I enjoyed a slice of apple pie with hot cider), pumpkin-picking, and my first-time purchase of Arkansas Black apples; and stop #3 for fudge treats and to check out the craft vendors. We excitedly bought our first baby toy item - an adorable handmade owl pillow with a music charm that plays "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star." The lovely vendor let us choose the fabric pattern and music selection so it's customized by Mommy and Daddy. Our little trip was definitely a huge success!
I finally contacted my HR rep at work to get information about maternity and disability leave. I told my boss about my pregnancy when I was 12 weeks and I've been meaning to make the phone call to HR ever since. It seems like if I don't write something down there is NO WAY I will be able to remember it. Prego brain really affects you more than you expect it will! The horror of the hormones truly take over your body and you are no longer in control. Speaking of control, I've really lost it in regards to my appetite. I'm hungry ALL. THE. TIME. and cannot help myself from stuffing my face. I do still obtain the ability to become full, but the feeling rarely seems to last long enough before I'm rummaging through the kitchen again. But I remind myself that I am eating for two now, and since I finally look like it I figure I may as well just indulge!
The boy is about the size of a papaya at an average of 10.5 to 11.8 inches and somewhere between 12.7 and 20.8 ounces. The Bump says that he is now sleeping in cycles of about 12 to 14 hours per day. I don't feel movement when I'm running around or on my feet, most likely because all my activity comforts and rocks him to sleep. When I sit down to rest he goes wild, as if awakened by the sudden end in rock-a-byeing. He also stirs a lot when I'm eating and around my bedtime... when it's my turn to sleep! As babe and my belly grow, I've noticed one part of my body amazingly moving in the opposite direction: my belly button! It's not sticking out, but it's become significantly less deep than it used to be. Everything I've read assures me that if it does become an outie, it will return to its normal form post-pregnancy. The whole idea of it kind of freaks me out, but getting back to that control thing - it's just one more thing to add to the list of what I no longer have power over!




No comments:
Post a Comment