Holy crap, I am at the halfway mark! It's crazy for me to imagine that I may potentially double in size over the approximate 20 weeks that are left of my pregnancy. I already feel huge but I know my current size really is nothing just yet. With my now-obvious protruding belly, I've officially graduated from my belly bands and have fully transitioned into maternity pants... and I'm not looking back! I found the pair pictured above at Ross last week for $16 and am so in love! I also purchased a second pair for $9 and will plan to feature them in my belly photo next week. My new maternity jeans are without a doubt cuter than all of my pre-pregnancy jeans; can I just, like, wear them forever?
We had my fourth prenatal appointment on Tuesday. Just a routine exam of checking my blood pressure, weight (official gain is 11 lbs. and no one called me fat, woo hoo!), urine, and baby's heartbeat. My pregnancy is still progressing normally so everyone is happy. In addition to this appointment, Eric and I also had to return to radiology for a second anatomy ultrasound. I did not mention before that during our previous ultrasound baby boy would not flip over onto his alternate side to enable the technician to capture all the photos needed for my doctor to review. Referred to as "technological errors," we were called back in to attempt a second shot, specifically of the umbilical cord. This time, our tech was able to get a clear picture and as a thank you for "inconveniencing us," gave us a few more photos of baby boy. Eric and I were in agreement that it was no inconvenience at all; we got to see our son again! He looked bigger, was even more active, and if possible, appeared even more adorable.
he's STILL a boy!
Our little man is the size of a banana this week, measuring about 6.5 inches long. I am happy to report that I am not experiencing many of the normal 20th week pregnancy symptoms, such as swelling, heartburn, and cramping. Sure, I get aches and pains here and there (especially in my back, which has recently become chair-picky), but it's been at least a month if not longer since I've felt any major round ligament pain. I sit and prop my feet up as much as possible so I haven't swelled anywhere, either... and my high water intake helps, too. My appetite has grown and baby boy moves around a lot when I'm eating, as if he's happy to be fed. Eric still isn't sure if he's feeling anything through my belly other than my echoing pulse, and it seems like every time I grab his hand to experience our boy's now more powerful kicks, the little rascal gets stage fright and stops. Maybe next week my son will give his daddy the kick we've been waiting for!
Name update: Eric and I began 'test driving' a name earlier this week. We both really like this name and even separately came up with a same potential middle name, but we don't want to officially decide on it without considering any other possibilities. The problem, though, is that we haven't come across any other names that we like! In any case, we've agreed to keep our 'test drive' name and any others we may discuss between the two of us and will announce THE NAME once we've made a final decision. Check back soon!






No comments:
Post a Comment