Sunday, August 21, 2016

number 2 [week 24]


Symptoms: Still having lower back and hamstring pain after periods of sitting. Both are becoming a part of temporary daily life. I think my hands have swelled a little bit since my wedding rings are still fitting tighter at times. At this point in my pregnancy with Simon I had removed my toe ring, but I don't think I'm quite there yet this time around.

Cravings: CHOCOLATE!

Aversions: Still not put off by anything. *Yes!*

Missing: I feel like it's just going to be deli meat again and again and again for the next 16ish weeks.

Mood: Really actually feeling fantastic!

Sleep: I got my first middle-of-the-night charlie horses this week, wooot! (Not.) I also had some cramps in my toes the other night before bed. When I have to roll over at night I end up completely waking so I can readjust my body pillow.

Dreams: There hasn't been anything exciting enough for me to remember when I wake up. I have, however, completely daydreamed about salami. No joke.

Movement: Wesley is still a busy little bee. He might be starting to get used to our back-to-school schedule, as I'm feeling him a little earlier in the mornings now.

Best Moment: Thanks to our wonderful friend, Renee, Simon now has his "big brother" bed! There is officially no longer a baby in the house, especially with no crib currently in use! For now, the crib is broken down and hanging out in the living room so it's out of the way for carpet measuring in the nursery. Simon's new bedding and sheets look great on his new-to-him twin size bed, although I still need to find a mattress cover and bed skirt. His room just became way more grown up, and I cannot believe how big my first baby is becoming right before my eyes.

Pregnancy Purchases: Nothing exciting this week, except for a refill on my prenatal vitamins. Yippee.

Other News: I had my 24-week prenatal appointment. My doctor and I discussed birth control options for after Wesley is born and my options and different choices for my childbirth experience this time around. I don't remember if I mentioned that Eric and I signed up for the 'Preparing for Childbirth' class offered by Kaiser. I'm looking forward to learning some breathing and relaxation techniques to ease labor and delivery and my different options for pain management. I would like to deliver naturally this time without an epidural and as little medical intervention as possible, and I really want to have more control over this birthing experience.

Looking Forward To: Sharing about this summer's camping trip! Our last one as a family of three!

first night in his "big brother" bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment