Sunday, October 23, 2016

number 2 [week 33]


Symptoms: Heartburn has been pretty prevalent lately, especially first thing in the morning. I know it's because my enormous uterus is cramming all of my internal organs together and leaving me with digestion pain with the limited amount of space that's leftover. I'm still experiencing my daily Braxton Hicks and practicing my labor breathing from prenatal yoga. It really helps!

Cravings: Pizza. It's never anything I'm actually supposed to have.

Aversions: I'm completely 100% over my regular lunchtime salads. I desperately need to find something new.

Missing: Not being pregnant. Life was so easy!

Mood: Everything's great, though. I've been getting even more excited for Wesley's arrival, I'm convinced that the days are numbered!

Sleep: I had one really, really bad night of cramps. Not only in my feet and toes and in my calves, but in my ankles, too! It seriously felt like someone was trying to rip my feet off of my body. The only thing I could do besides keeping myself from screaming in order to not wake Eric (which happened anyway), was to get completely out of bed and walk out the pain. And to have it happen twice in one night's sleep did not make for a well-rested mommy the next morning.

Dreams: Still not remembering anything, must not be noteworthy dreams.

Movement: One night during bedtime, Simon was resting his head on my belly while we sang his bedtime songs. I've noticed that Wesley sometimes wiggles around when I sing to Simon, which warms my heart because it makes me feel like I'm singing to both of my boys. This particular night was no exception, and Simon giggled with delight when he felt his baby brother pound on the side of his head. I cannot wait to cuddle both of my littles in my arms and sing to them together.

Best Moment: Exactly 11 months ago, Jenny and I bought tickets for Maroon 5 at the brand new Golden 1 Center. Eric and I had already been trying to get pregnant at the time so I was expecting to have a 3-month old at the time of the concert, much less to be 8 months pregnant. Things obviously didn't go according to plan, but I didn't let this belly get in my way of having fun and enjoying this concert. We rode the light rail there for free and met our friend, Kristen, and her friend, Ellie, when we went up to sit down. My dad had also bought me Maroon 5 tickets last Christmas, so Kristen and Ellie bought the tickets I had initially bought and were luckily able to sit with Jenny and me in the closer seats when the couple next to us left and never returned. It was seriously such a great show, and I was super comfortable getting to sit in the front row of the upper balcony (I did stand for the last two songs of the encore, though). I had lots of energy the whole night and even stayed up for a while after getting home super late. It was cool not feeling like a super old, married, pregnant lady!

Pregnancy Purchases: I went to my prenatal massage that I had scheduled at my new chiropractor's office. My appointment just so happened to be the morning after the terrible ankle cramps, and I explained the experience to the masseuse when she asked if there were specific areas on which I wanted her to focus. She did a great job of stretching out my ankles and working on my feet, and she also noted that my calves felt really tight. She also stretched out my hips (I had added that they sometimes hurt in my sleep and cause me to need to turn over) and worked on my back, arms and hands, and neck. The massage was so wonderfully relaxing, and I went home all moisturized and waiting to curl up in bed for a nap. Amazingly, I have not had cramps in my calves, ankles, and feet since getting massaged!

Other News: Our second October wedding was in the afternoon, just hours before the Maroon 5 concert. This wedding was for our friend, Renee, whom kindly gave us Simon's big brother bed. I was able to stay for the ceremony and partway through the reception until the bride and groom were introduced before it was time for Jenny to pick me up for the show. Eric stayed for the rest of the event and hung out with hockey friends and enjoyed himself.

Looking Forward To: Finishing the nursery... we're getting there!

at Renee's wedding

Adam Levine!

Kristen, Jenny, and me at Maroon 5

No comments:

Post a Comment