Monday, October 17, 2016

number 2 [week 32]


Symptoms: The magic from the chiropractor started to wear off this week. The familiar weakness in my lower back began to slowly make its return. I've also battled what seems like a small cold with a heavier running nose and scratchy throat than what's typical with my allergies. Trying to keep tissue close and imbibe hot tea is about all that can be done without the ability to take cold meds. On the positive side, I've had much worse colds than this little one.

Cravings: Chips sound good. I miss chips.

Aversions: Still not ready for any zucchini. I also think I'm done with strawberries for the season, even though I see them selling for cheap in grocery stores.

Missing: Sushi never leaves my mind for too long.

Mood: Everything is still really great. I'm feeling a little stressed about having to continue to wait for the carpet install in Wesley's room, worrying that we won't get everything done in time. I don't care so much about my Halloween deadline anymore; I just want to be ready when Wesley gets here, because I think this kid is coming early!

Sleep: There are good nights and not-so-good nights. I've been falling asleep early, really taking advantage of the opportunities while I still have them.

Dreams: My schedule's been so chaotic, I can't remember any!

Movement: Wesley's hiccups now vibrate my entire belly. I remember when Eric couldn't feel the hiccups from the outside, and now my whole stomach leaps with the repetitive hiccuping motion. Wesley feels huge, again making me think we're not going all the way to 40 weeks.

Best Moment: This was an exciting week with Eric's 31st birthday and our 6th wedding anniversary! On the night of his birthday, Simon and I surprised Eric with delicious Ciro's Pizza for dinner. That Friday night, we were able to have an adults-only date night with dinner at Sammy's inside Stones Gambling Hall and a round of arcade games at Dave and Buster's. Our meal was absolutely fabulous, and we really enjoyed sitting outside at the end of what was a gorgeous evening, chatting and just taking some time for ourselves. On our anniversary, Eric brought home a bouquet of beautiful flowers for me, and we took Simon out to eat with us for a casual meal at Applebee's. Our real celebration will be at the end of the month when we plan to spend a night away in Tahoe. This will be a first for us since becoming parents!

Pregnancy Purchases: My friend, Briana, from work just recently announced her first pregnancy and invited me to try out a prenatal yoga class with her. She found a studio called Herself Moms, which offers health and fitness and educational classes that support the prenatal and postpartum journey. The workout felt really great on my slowly, re-tightening back, and it felt really good to stretch out certain joints that I've been slacking on doing on my own. My favorite part was learning a pose called the frog, which is a really comfortable labor pose used with labor breathing. Briana and I really enjoyed the class, and I'd like to commit to going once a week until Wesley graces us with his presence.

Other News: We attended the first of 3 (that's right, I said three) weddings we've been invited to during the month of October. My friend, Cristin, from high school had a lovely wedding ceremony at Monte Verde Inn in Foresthill where we were able to visit with many close friends as well as some I don't see often. Simon was a little bit of a handful having not taken a proper nap that afternoon, but he received many compliments on how handsome he looked and was whisked away to dance by some of our helpful friends.We surprisingly stayed until the end of the wedding and were so grateful to be included in this lovely affair.

Looking Forward To: More October events to come, stay tuned!

the birthday boy with his COMPLIMENTARY dessert

our family at Cristin's wedding

photo booth fun

No comments:

Post a Comment