Sunday, October 16, 2016

number 2 [week 31]


Symptoms: Contractions have become a daily part of life. We got really close to calling Labor and Delivery, since my doctor advised at last month's appointment to call in if I had 6 in an hour. On one night I had a total of 15 contractions in a 2.5 hour period, varying in length and frequency. Eric helped me walk around the house and got me a small snack, which helped slow the Braxton Hicks until they eventually stopped. I knew I wasn't actually in preterm labor, but the idea of calling into Labor and Delivery really scared me in case there was really something wrong. Contractions have continued to occur, less consistently, in the days since.

Cravings: Ice cream has sounded heavenly.

Aversions: We ate a TON of zucchini over the course of the last week. I finally had to tell Eric that I needed a break!

Missing: The ability to break into a jog haha.

Mood: My mood has actually been really great. My emotions and attitude toward my new diet are better and more relaxed. My back is still pain-free. I'm feeling pretty good and focusing on positivity!

Sleep: We were out and about this weekend, so there were no opportunities for naps. Nights have been fine for the most part, with the exception of crampy legs and trips to the potty.

Dreams: Nothing horrific or emotional to report this week! I did have a really random dream, but I don't remember enough of the details to retell it.

Movement: I feel like I'm gestating a linebacker. 'Nuff said.

Best Moment: I attended what was technically my 32-week prenatal appointment (based on my first EDD of November 29th), and Simon joined Eric and me for the first time. Simon was excited to come and was looking forward to hearing Wesley's heartbeat. He asked lots of curious and intriguing questions, like where the doctor would sit, if I would lie back on the table, and "Why is there a sink in here?" Eric had to keep the boy entertained with magazines while my doctor and I ran through the boring stuff of reviewing my birth plan, and we almost struggled to redirect Simon's attention when it was time to use the doppler. I wish I had recorded Simon's expression when he heard Wesley's healthy beating heart; he smiled with wonder and was clearly enthralled with the fascinating sound of his brother's life. The moment was so touching and created an even deeper connection between my two boys.

Baby Buys: I'm gearing up to buy Wesley's Christmas stocking and artwork for his room. Trying to get organized!

Other News: With the change in my diet, I discovered during my doctor appointment that I've lost a pound since my last visit. I wasn't too surprised since I'd noticed my stomach looking tighter in a different way, and two pairs of pants seemed looser in the waist. My doctor wasn't concerned about the lost pound and reassured me that my weight gain has been on track thus far. She did, however, apologize for unintentionally scaring me with my blood sugar results after I explained how emotional the news and changing my diet has been. She complimented me for doing such a great job in taking care of my health and reassured me that eating carbs is fine--and healthy--in moderation as long as they're not simple carbs and are included with plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. I realized that I honestly freaked myself out on my own, but I felt so much better after talking with my doctor. My appetite continues to still be kind of small, but I am no longer completely afraid of what to eat.

Looking Forward To: Celebrating the Fall festivities of October!

No comments:

Post a Comment