Symptoms: I've had an on-and-off headache since Saturday afternoon, so that hasn't been super fun. I think I'm finally over my cold congestion, which is a plus!
Cravings: I needed FroYo really bad yesterday. You read that right; I needed it.
Aversions: Still anti-scrambled eggs, and I learned that there's such a thing as "over hard." Not bad!
Missing: Cold, pretty, summer cocktails.
Mood: Still super tired everyday, but thankful for my health and happiness.
Sleep: The last few nights have been rough with the headaches. My nights have been restless with vivid dreams and tossing and turning. It sucks waking up in the morning not feeling well-rested.
Dreams: I dreamed that I left my current school and went back to the school I first worked at after graduating from college. In my dream, I worked with a former student from my current school who is now in high school and was still a high school student on an elementary school campus (which makes no sense, but rarely dreams do). I was really happy to be working with that student again, even though I'd left my current school and had taken a pay cut! It was a nice dream though, and it reminded me of how rewarding my job can be and why I love it... even on the hardest days.
Movement: I think I am starting to feel some very faint movements coming from up in there. It's been a few weeks now that I sporadically feel something and wonder if its Number 2 knocking to say hello. Most of the time it happens only once and I'm left not knowing. A few days ago I really think I found the little bug by pressing on a really hard spot low on my belly. I swear after poking it, the hard spot moved! It felt like the two of us were finally interacting with each other after craving a moment of bonding with this babe for so long.
Best Moment: Simon has been talking about the baby nonstop and is super excited about our coming addition. He's asked me questions like, "Is the baby wearing clothes or a dress?" and loves to say goodnight to my belly before naps and bedtime. He's told all of the parents of his daycare friends that, "There is a baby in my mommy's belly," and insists that, "First, the baby has to grow up and come out of your belly, and then I will be a big brother." Although we've explained to him that we don't yet know if the baby is a boy or a girl, he constantly refers to the baby as a girl and claims that he's going to have a baby sister. Eric and I immediately remind him that it might be a baby brother, but the idea of another boy is just not sticking. We'll see if we're able to make Simon's wish come true...
Baby Buys: Nothing this week, but I did start a baby registry with BabyList! Once we know the gender, Eric and I will go out to a few stores to pick out more items and then merge those registries with our BabyList. It makes me excited to start shopping!
Other News: Speaking of registries, I've started thinking about when to have my baby shower. My friends Jenny and Erica kindly offered to help throw my shower, and I decided that it would be fun to have it in our new house since we have more room here than our last house did. This end of summer/beginning of fall is a super busy time of the year with friends getting married and/or going on vacation, our annual camping trip, and multiple birthdays in our family. Picking a date around all of these events has been tricky! Eric and I will definitely need to be on our game making sure we're ready for this baby to come, so we're not in the same situation we were with Simon's arrival!
Looking Forward To: Just over two weeks until we know Number 2's gender!
No comments:
Post a Comment