Hello Second Trimester!
Symptoms: We've reached our first milestone! I cannot believe the difference a day makes. It was like a switch was flipped on day one of the second trimester. I have not had any nausea (except when waiting too long to eat, which is normal), and my energy level has been making its way back up. I'd almost forgotten what it felt like to be human! I might not be entirely out of the woods yet, but I'm enjoying the ride today.
Cravings: I had a tuna sandwich this week from Beach Hut Deli. It was amazing! Now I want another.
Aversions: I don't think anything's grossed me out over the course of the last week. Maybe we're on the up and up!
Missing: Coffee, but I'm still not particularly in the mood for it.
Mood: Happy and relieved that I'm feeling this much better, so far.
Sleep: It's been restless due to the heat. Eric and I have pulled the tower fans out and have one run in our room at night. I fall asleep hot, then I get cold and pull up the sheet, then I'm still cold and I pull up the comforter, then I get hot and throw off the comforter, then I'm still hot and I throw off the sheet... and then the whole process starts over again.
Dreams: I had an odd dream that one of Eric's best friends, a brother to me, told me that he and our group of friends hated me. It was so odd because this particular friend is one of the kindest people I know and would never say the things to me in real life that he said to me in my dream. I don't know what it meant, but we get along so well so I'm not reading into it at all. As upsetting as it was in the dream, it just seemed silly to me when I awoke!
Clothing: I've worn my new maternity shorts almost everyday. I really do need to get another pair. They're just so comfy and perfect for the near triple digit heat we've been having.
Best Moment: Being in the second trimester just makes me so happy. I finally feel like I've crossed a hurdle and can feel more at ease that Number 2 is safe and secure. There's still a lot of time left, but I feel like a significant portion of it is finally behind us as well.
Pregnancy Purchases: Nada this week, I was too busy with other important tasks...
Other News: Important tasks like Jenny's wedding! It was such a fun and exciting day and went off despite a few hitches, such as the makeup artist being MIA and almost not fitting into my bridesmaid dress! Luckily for the bride, she had an amazing team of friends and family who worked together and made everything perfect. Simon played his role as the Legacy Bearer, carrying the special bear made in memory of Jenny's late grandfather. It was such a lovely weekend spent with really awesome people, and I am so happy that my wonderful friend is finally married!
Looking Forward To: This week off from work! The academic school year ended on Thursday, so I have this whole week to stay at home until summer school begins on Monday. Hopefully I'll still be feeling well enough to do a few things around the house and have some fun with my Monkey!
Monkey in a monkey suit
Walking down the aisle
Eric and me at the reception with friends Josh and Rob
Monkey in a monkey suit
Walking down the aisle
Eric and me at the reception with friends Josh and Rob

No comments:
Post a Comment