Symptoms: The congestion has gotten a little better since last week. The indigestion and acid reflux have been a bit worse. Unlike my pregnancy with Simon, I've had horrible prego acne! Simon gave me flawless skin regardless of how often I washed my face. Number 2, however, is making me look worse than any of my pubescent years. This is definitely a different kid!
Cravings: Cottage cheese. My coworker, Kristen, brought some into work and it's all I can think about.
Aversions: I'm so over scrambled eggs.
Missing: Back on longing for my runny eggs!
Mood: Tired, but happily feeling more and more pregnant by the day!
Sleep: Summer school started this week, so I'm working shorter days and picking up Simon from daycare right after he eats lunch. He goes down for a nap when we get home and I'm trying to get one in for myself as well. I've noticed that no-nap days leave me exhausted in the evenings and asleep by 8:30.
Dreams: Dang it! I had a good dream to share that I cannot remember now.
Clothing: Very comfortable in my summer maternity clothing. I'm still striking out with finding any maternity sleepwear, so the hunt continues.
Best Moment: My 16-week prenatal appointment was on Tuesday. Eric wasn't able to leave work so I went on my own. It wasn't entirely eventful, but I briefly heard the baby's heartbeat and it was strong and immediate. My doctor and I had a lovely chat, my next two prenatal appointments were scheduled, and I went to the lab for my second trimester screening blood draw. A good visit and healthy progress make me a happy mama.
Pregnancy Purchases: I scored another Facebook find; 7 maternity dresses and 2 maternity tank tops for $30! I think I'm officially set for summer.
Other News: Eric and I finally told Simon about Number 2! I wanted to wait until after this week's doctor appointment to make sure everything was still progressing safely, so we shared the news with him that evening. It's so crazy imagining that my first baby is going to become someone's big brother. It feels great that everyone finally knows our news!
Looking Forward To: The gender reveal countdown is officially on... July 13th come on and get here!
comparing pregnancies at 16 weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment