Symptoms: Just when I was beginning to feel better; right as I was starting to turn a corner... BAM! I got super sick. I woke up Friday morning feeling like I'd been hit by a truck. I felt weak and dizzy and had no appetite. By the afternoon, I confirmed I had a fever of 100.7 and cried until Eric was able to make it home with Tylenol. The fever was gone by nightfall, and now I've been dealing with cold-like symptoms in the days since without the ability to take any kind of decongestant for relief. Ugh.
Cravings: I finally gave into my Chinese food craving and sent Eric for takeout. Anything to make me feel better, eh?
Aversions: I've still not been bothered by much, so that's a tiny plus!
Missing: Cold medicine... haha!
Mood: Pretty awesome the first half of the week until my fever hit.
Sleep: I've been off work this week, so I've enjoyed some midday napping while Simon naps. There have also been some mornings that I've woken up before him, like my body is already running on an internal clock.
Dreams: First dream about Number 2--it was a boy! What I remember most about the dream was nursing him, and it was easy to get back into like riding a bike. He looked just like Simon but was bigger, possibly not a newborn anymore. I remember Simon was a girl in my first dream about him, so I have no idea what this dream meant!
Clothing: I've tried wearing some of my athletic wear around the house, but it becomes too tight and uncomfortable after a while. I still need to hunt for some maternity lounge wear, especially since my pajama shorts are getting too small. I can only wear Eric's lounge shorts so long before they're too hot (and look ridiculous lol).
Best Moment: I announced my pregnancy on Facebook! I made the cutest photo announcement of Simon wearing a 'big brother' super hero shirt, and my silly pregnancy brain did not catch that I spelled the word "November" wrong without the B! I'm trying to laugh about it instead of being horrifyingly embarrassed (if you know me, you know spelling and grammar are my THING!), because it's still a cute photo. Even Eric didn't catch the mistake before I posted it, so it's not all my fault...
Pregnancy Purchases: I bought some maternity dresses, shirts, tank tops, and a pair of shorts from a friend/mutual friend whom had a bunch of maternity clothing for sale. She gave me a great deal, and Simon had fun playing with her kids while I tried on a few pieces. It's been cooler this week, but I'm excited to be finally stocking up on summer items!
Other News: I'm slowly but surely starting to work on clearing out the mess of our spare room to transform it into Number 2's room. Since we moved into our house, the spare room has been the catchall for everything we've yet to put away, and its mess has become even worse as I've thrown random things in there and just closed the door. So far, I've managed to move out the small dresser that Simon no longer uses and put it in the hall closet (which I first had to clean out and vacuum). It now holds all of our office supplies, arts and crafts items, and stationary. I also emptied Simon's bigger dresser, which will become Number 2's, and organized and packed away all of his old clothes that no longer fit. As soon as we sell some furniture in the living room, the bookcase will come out of the spare room and go into the living room and we'll be able to unpack all of our boxes full of books. It will be progress little by little, but progress nonetheless!
Looking Forward To: My 16-week prenatal appointment is tomorrow! Maybe I can haggle my way into getting a free ultrasound??
NovemBer... oops!
No comments:
Post a Comment