I was concerned about going back to work with morning sickness still lingering on, but so far my first 2 days have been fine. With a completely packed lunch box and loads of water, I've continued to remain active without throwing up... woo hoo! Spreading the news to my coworkers was very fun and was met with lots of excitement and many congratulations. Working with so many moms and grandmothers will mean I'll be surrounded with lots of helpful, experienced advice over the course of the next 6 months. I'm truly lucky to share a workplace with such sweet women!
Our announcement on Facebook was met with a stunning number of comments of well wishes and love. Eric and I had a good feeling that our pregnancy would be well supported by our family and friends, but it still blows me away by just how excited everyone has been about our bundle of joy. I believe wholeheartedly that our child is going to have and endless number of people loving and caring for him or her and tons surrogate aunties and uncles spoiling our babe like crazy. It feels good to know that while we might not have all the money in the world, our child will be very rich with love.
The little nugget is now the size of a plum, averaging 2.1 inches long and .49 ounces in weight. I feel like the baby should be bigger considering how big I feel, but I have to remind myself that while I am sporting a small baby bump, a good amount of that is baby bloat. I'm up 4 lbs. (and struggling to button my pants comfortably; a coworker showed me the hair tie trick and it's helping!) which is normal this close to the end of the first trimester, but again it feels like I've packed on so much more... and I'm not even close to being done! But not to worry, I'm dedicated to maintaining a healthy pregnancy weight as best I can and plan to focus on realistically not gaining more than baby and I need. I know that every pregnancy is different for every woman, but I think as long as I try to be the best mommy-to-be I can, we'll both reap the benefits!
Check out the little one at week 12:


No comments:
Post a Comment