I'm still in that in-between stage where I'm definitely showing but it just looks like fat. It's weird to say, but I look more pregnant without clothing on than I do when I'm dressed. Why do my clothes make me look chubby? I don't know... but I am looking forward to when my belly pops so I don't have to worry about those awkward stares from strangers wondering why that chunky lady is walking around rubbing her gut.
On a lighter note: the weather has finally cooled a bit and I was able to take this week's belly photo outside. Yay natural light! Eric took the dog for a walk today and we've even had the air conditioner turned off for the last 2 days. I'm hoping that this means we're headed toward cooler temperatures (at least temporarily) so I can get back outside for my walks. While I move around quite a bit at work, it's not as much as I could be doing.
Speaking of work, I was really thinking I was almost out of the woods where morning sickness was concerned since I felt great during my first 2 days back. WRONG! Mistake #1 was thinking I could wait to eat breakfast until I was in the car rather than eating before leaving the house. Mistake #2 was assuming I'd be able to take my prenatal vitamins right before my meal instead of right after. What did these 2 mistakes cost me? Try having to pull over 4 blocks from home on my way to work the morning of the first day of my 13th week to throw up stomach acid and a whole prenatal vitamin. WHOLE! Talk about scary and embarrassing. Luckily I was quickly able to get back on the road and eat my Cheerios. I've since returned to having my cereal at home.
I learned later that day that the first trimester is actually 13 weeks long rather than 12, which was what I had originally assumed. At first I was disappointed that I'm not in the second trimester yet, but since the nausea has hung on here and there every day this week I'm glad that I still have an excuse for feeling sick. Now that I'm at the end of week 13 I've noticed less nausea and more headaches in the last 2 days, which both have had the same outcome of me sitting on the couch feeling debilitated. But I feel better and better each day and I'm trying to remain positive that my morning sickness is coming to a close. Please, let it be so!
Baby boo is the size of a peach this week and is developing fingerprints! It's hard to believe just how much is going on inside of me that I can't see or feel. Our little honey is growing like crazy and creating new body functions daily. I wish so much to be able to feel some movement from the outside but I know that will come with time and eventually won't stop. I told Eric today that I miss the baby and wish I could see him or her, but I have to remember that before we know it our son or daughter will be here on the outside and we'll get to see, hold, and love our child everyday for the rest of our lives. That, I'm really looking forward to.
My bump, week 13:


No comments:
Post a Comment