Hello 3rd trimester!
I can't believe we've already made it this far!
Symptoms: Tired? Check. Back aches? Check. Reflux? Check. Anxious to meet this boy? Check!
Cravings: Carbs. I'm convinced it's because I'm trying to not eat them.
Aversions: I wish it were carbs.
Missing: Energy. Not feeling tired so easily. Moscato.
Mood: Hanging in there. This past week just flew by, but it was a good one. I really have nothing to complain about and am thankful for life.
Sleep: I grabbed my prego pillow and what do you know--I'm sleeping heavier. I forgot how cozy it was and still have no idea why I stopped using it for a few weeks. Nothing I do makes sense.
Dreams: I dreamed that I was walking around with Wesley, pushing him in a carriage-like stroller. He was wrapped in a swaddling blanket and I couldn't see his face. As I walked, people stopped at my stroller and commented on how adorable Wesley was and that he was the cutest baby they'd ever seen. After several comments I finally reached down to adjust the blanket and see his face. He looked exactly like my dad, but without a beard; and I mean as if my dad shaved off all of his facial hair today. My newborn baby resembled his 59-year-old, bald-faced grandfather. Weird to say the least.
Movement: While catching up on the new season of Dancing with the Stars, Mr. Wesley was shaking his groove thang during the entire 90-minute episode. It was hysterical. Maybe I'll have a little dancer on my hands?
Best Moment: Remember last week when I alluded to knowing a secret? There was a big one that I was keeping: Eric's Aunt Sam flew in to town last Thursday to surprise Ashley for her birthday. The surprise was unveiled at Ashley's birthday dinner, which she was unaware that we were attending. The surprise was a huge hit, and we enjoyed a great night at Red Lobster. Eric was gone at Levi's bachelor party that Friday and Saturday, and Simon and I enjoyed more family dinners, shopping, and having Ashley and Sam spend the night at our house. Eric returned home around lunchtime on Sunday and was able to visit more with Sam and made delicious burgers for dinner. We had a lovely time and are looking forward to her next trip out here for Christmas!
Baby Buys: Sam wanted to get me a baby shower gift, so we went to Buy Buy Baby and she generously bought us our new changing pad for Wesley's room. She also insisted on getting a present for Simon and let him pick out an Octonauts toy at Babies"R"Us. He was over the moon.
Other News: Eric and I went to my 28-week prenatal appointment where I took my routine glucose test and received the whooping cough booster and RhoGAM shot. My doctor also gave me the Kick Count Card to start and a birth plan worksheet to begin thinking about. This trimester marks the final round of this pregnancy journey, and I cannot believe that we are already to this point.
Looking Forward To: Moments of relaxation, wherever I can find them!
Baby Buys: Sam wanted to get me a baby shower gift, so we went to Buy Buy Baby and she generously bought us our new changing pad for Wesley's room. She also insisted on getting a present for Simon and let him pick out an Octonauts toy at Babies"R"Us. He was over the moon.
Other News: Eric and I went to my 28-week prenatal appointment where I took my routine glucose test and received the whooping cough booster and RhoGAM shot. My doctor also gave me the Kick Count Card to start and a birth plan worksheet to begin thinking about. This trimester marks the final round of this pregnancy journey, and I cannot believe that we are already to this point.
Looking Forward To: Moments of relaxation, wherever I can find them!


No comments:
Post a Comment