Wednesday, September 7, 2016

number 2 [week 27]


Symptoms: I can't believe this was the last week of my 2nd trimester! I feel like my pregnancy has just been flying by, even though I also feel like I've been pregnant forever. This week was just another week full of back pain, leg cramps, fatigue, heartburn and acid reflux, and cute baby hiccups. And for additional fun, I've also had worse nearsided vision (from what my doctor says is extra fluid in my eyes due to pregnancy - why am I even surprised) and caught the return of the linea nigra. I'm grateful for it all, but sometimes I feel like the medical conditions are just piling on top of each other one after another!

Cravings: Chocolate and pizza. Wesley is seriously undermining my attempt at healthy eating habits.

Aversions: I'm over chicken. This mama wants steak.

Missing: It's all the same! Alcohol, sushi, cold meat. I'm counting down the weeks.

Mood: Still happy. Looking forward to meeting my baby bear and already way too excited for Christmas. It'll be our first as a family of four and I'm super giddy!

Sleep: It's been rough the last few nights. I've been tossing and turning more often and feeling uncomfortable. I'm not using my pregnancy pillow and I have no idea why. The more frequent cramps in my legs make it all worse every time I change positions.

Dreams: I had this odd dream that Simon was swimming laps in his bath tub like a little Olympic swimmer. The odd thing was that even though he was swimming underwater, he wasn't holding his breath and was instead breathing in water. It scared me that he was swallowing so much water, but he didn't act bothered one bit. In reality, Wesley is the child of mine who is currently breathing in watery amniotic fluid and flipping laps in my uterus. I wonder if my subconscious transposed my two boys?

Movement: On Saturday, Wesley was seriously a constant wiggle worm ALL. DAY. LONG. He barely slept at all and repeatedly beat on my belly hour after hour. It's wasn't painful, but instead cracked me up as I couldn't believe he was so full of energy. My tummy continued to go crazy well into the evening and even tickled Daddy's face as Eric rested his head upon my bump to talk to his little boy. Wesley's movement has been back to normal since, but Saturday was quite the exciting day for some silly reason.

Best Moment: We made our annual "Fall" trip to Apple Hill on Sunday. While we're still a few weeks out from the first official day of Autumn, it is already officially Apple Hill season with most growers open. We brought my dad along with us as a thank you for all of his help around the house, and Jen and her family also met us up there for fun and treats. We packed a lunch and visited 4 different apple growers, indulging only in fudge, apple donuts, and fresh Early Fuji apples for home. My dad bought an apple crisp to share, and we were barely able to make a dent in it. The weather was so beautiful and breezy, a preview of the Fall temperatures for which I cannot wait. We had so much fun, and Simon had a blast running around with Bliss and Brydon.

Pregnancy Purchases/Baby Buys: Still nada, but I did sell the last of the maternity clothes that I didn't want to keep and the owl wall decals I had framed in Simon's old nursery (sad to see them go, but he's outgrown them). It's great clearing things out and getting some cash back!

Other News: Eric will be out of town in Tahoe this upcoming weekend for Levi's bachelor party. He'll be gone two nights, Friday and Saturday, returning Sunday. I'm not worried about being on my own with Simon, but I do see myself being quite tired by the time Eric gets home.

Looking Forward To: It's a secret, so I can't tell. There is something exciting happening that I'll get to share next week!

Brydon, Bliss, & Simon

our family of almost 4

silly poses with Cho-Cho

No comments:

Post a Comment