and...
my 100th post!
Symptoms: My hair is getting so long! I've basically been growing it since the A-line cut I had when pregnant with Simon, but lately it's felt super long. Can I attribute it to my daily intake of prenatal vitamins? I don't know; my hair has always grown very fast.
Cravings: Remember how I said I was craving Oreos? I decided to hold out until this past weekend's camping trip to give in to my craving. I love to use Fudge Creams for s'mores in place of Hershey's chocolate, but my regular grocery store (where I've purchased them before) did not have them on the shelf! I didn't have time to look anywhere else after buying our camping groceries, so I did not enjoy my favorite campfire treat. So my craving continues!
Aversions: My dad mentioned mayonnaise the other night and my stomach flipped. Which is weird, because I have no issues with mayo.
Missing: The ease at which I used to be able to move. Getting dressed inside a tent was quite interesting!
Mood: Still feeling really upbeat! I decided that every time someone asks me how I'm feeling, I'd respond and ask them the same question in return. I thought it was funny. How you're feeling is just as important, too!
Sleep: Still having some mid-slumber cramps and charlie horses. Luckily, I was able to sleep pretty comfortably while camping with my pregnancy pillow in tow. We usually stack our two air mattresses on top of each other, so comfort isn't normally an issue when we camp.
Dreams: I had the break-up dream again. I was at my baby shower, which was co-ed, and several male friends/guests asked where Eric was. I knew he was gone playing hockey instead of being at our baby shower, and our guests had no idea that he wasn't there because he wanted to leave me. I was quite upset and keeping the news to myself, thus being completely miserable and not enjoying myself at all. Stupid dream.
Movement: Simon got to feel his brother move! He was sitting in bed with us for his bedtime story and had an arm resting across my belly. Suddenly Wesley kicked, and we both looked at each other with surprise! Simon was so excited to feel his brother, who kicked a second time and left Simon smiling and proud. We've been waiting for the two to make contact, and hopefully it will happen again soon.
Best Moment: CAMPING! We spent two nights up near French Meadows Reservoir for the birthdays of our friends Levi and Jeff. Simon was a big boy and slept on his own in a sleeping bag at the end of our air mattress. Eric and I were so proud of him for sleeping through both nights independently. He was pretty tuckered out at night (even with naps!), so sleep came very easy for him. We were lucky with warm weather during the day and tolerably cold temperatures at night. It was so nice to relax and visit with friends. Eric was a huge help with Simon since I'm not moving too fast these days and took on most of the loading and lifting without letting me help much. I do most of the packing anyway, so I guess it evened out!
Baby Buys: Shower gifts are starting to arrive! I'm trying to hold off on purchases until after my baby shower.
Other News: My dad has been over helping out big time with house projects. Since my baby shower will be at our house, there were a few things that I wanted to do before hosting a house full of people. Along with putting the finishing paint touches on Wesley's room, I wanted Simon's bathroom and the playroom wall painted. Hopefully we'll have enough time for everything to be finished before the shower. Eric and I have appreciated my dad's help so much since he's been busy at work and I can't tolerate the smell of the paint/lift anything heavy/climb a ladder safely to help.

No comments:
Post a Comment