Symptoms: I've been feeling a lot better this week. I've had some days with really high energy and some days with less. I've felt happy, healthy, and really big and pregnant! The headaches have stopped, and my acid reflux has been subtle. Other than some hamstring and back pain, I don't really have any complaints!
Cravings: Sandwiches. With deli meat. Oh, deli meat...
Aversions: I'm trying really hard to eat less carbs, so I feel like I'm starting to not want them as much (I type as I bite into an English muffin... I did say less).
Missing: D . E . L . I . M . E . A . T .
Mood: This pregger's got two thumbs up!
Sleep: A little rough due to more wild and vivid dreams. Some nights I sleep like a rock. I absolutely NEED those afternoon naps after work.
Dreams: For as long as we've been together, I've had dreams about Eric and me breaking up. I always have them when things are absolutely great and we haven't bickered over anything dumb (as all couples do). Annoyingly, I've had a breakup dream two or three times this week, which is a frequency out of the ordinary. In the dreams I'm pregnant with Number 2, and Eric decides we'll be together until the baby is born and then divorce immediately after. Stupid, right? That's what Eric always says when I tell him in the morning. I can only imagine that these ridiculous dreams come from some insecurity that I'm not aware of, and you'd think they would've gone away after so many happy years together.
Movement: Number 2 has been wild this week! I've felt lots of dancing that is no doubt my little booger throwing a disco in my tummy. So far this kid is a big fan of pizza and spaghetti with meatballs and zucchini, as evidenced by the jam sessions that have happened in my uterus after consuming these meals. Of course our little break dancer has been shy for Daddy, which doesn't surprise me one bit.
Best Moment: We enjoyed a lovely 3-day weekend celebrating Independence Day. Eric and I took Simon swimming at Lester's on Saturday and Sunday, and our big boy got lots of practice swimming back and forth between us wearing his life jacket. Our friends, Ben and Debra, invited us to their house on the 4th of July for a BBQ and more swimming. We called it a night without watching any fireworks since Eric and I had to work the next day, but Simon had so much fun eating and playing with the other kids that it was definitely a spectacular-enough day without them.
Baby Buys: Not for Number 2, but for Simon! I got him a book called
I Am a Big Brother, which we've been reading together in the long anticipation of Baby's arrival. We have discussed all the ways that Simon can be a big boy helper when his little brother or sister is here, and he couldn't be more excited and motivated to help take care of the baby. We also talked about how Mommy and Daddy took care of Simon when he was little, and I showed him photos of when he was a baby; a time that doesn't seem like all too long ago!
Other News: I'm so done with working and ready for my summer break! We're finally down to the last week of summer school and I couldn't be more excited. It's been really laid back and enjoyable, but a big part of me is just ready to stay home. I've got so much to do around the house, and I really want to take advantage of the time I'll have off to get organized and take care of what needs to be done for Number 2!
Looking Forward To: Gender ultrasound next Wednesday, I cannot wait!
Big brother in training!
Swimming fun
Happy 4th!
No comments:
Post a Comment