Thursday, July 28, 2016

number 2 [week 21]


Symptoms: This backache won't go away! For as much energy as I've had organizing things around the house (major nesting mode is going on), I sure do wipe out like nobody's business when my body's done. When I get tired like that, I've noticed a waddle comes out when I walk!

Cravings: Donuts! I saw something about a Nutella-filled donut somewhere but can't find it now. Totally can't stop thinking about it!

Aversions: I walked past sweet baby peppers at the grocery store the other night. They're still turning my stomach.

Missing: I wanted a corn dog at the State Fair this last weekend. Wah!

Mood: Feeling good, but gigantic! Eric had to cut my toenails for me, because I just couldn't see how I'd be able to get myself into that position.

Sleep: I haven't been taking my naps lately, and neither has Simon! I've also been staying up late and having trouble getting to sleep at times. I wasn't using my pregnancy body pillow very regularly for a few weeks, and now I feel like I can't get comfortable without it.

Dreams: I had another weird dream about an extended family member passing away. In the dream, I was completely distraught over the news, dramatically more so than I think I'd be in real life. It was still a sad dream, and I didn't feel great about it after waking up.

Movement: Eric definitely, for sure felt Number 2 move this week! Seeing his expression of joy and happiness after finally feeling his second son move was so heartwarming for me. Finally I get to really share this boy with his daddy!

Best Moment: As I mentioned above, we went to the State Fair this weekend with our friends Justin and Molly. It was a scorching 100+ degrees out, so we tried our best to stay in the air conditioned and shaded areas as much as possible before the sun started to set. Eric and I both agreed that we won't attend the fair next year with a newborn in tow if the weather is that hot. In any case, we had a great time as a family of three and hopefully will get to share another experience next year as a family of four.

Pregnancy Purchases: I broke down and bought another maternity clothing lot on Facebook. I don't know how I was able to wear so many of my pre-pregnancy tops with Simon, but that is definitely a no-go with Number 2. I'm keeping about half of the items in the lot and reselling the rest.

Other News: I've been able to make some decent progress on clearing out the nursery. More items have been moved to the garage, frames and photos have been unpacked from a couple boxes and hung up around the house, and Simon's room has been organized and decorated a little more. Our hockey friend, Renee, generously offered to give us a twin bed for Simon, which we've started calling his "Big Brother bed." We're getting the mattress, box spring, and frame all for free so now we just need to look for bedding. We will convert the toddler bed back into a crib for Number 2 when the nursery is ready. Little by little, we're getting closer and closer to painting day!

Looking Forward To: Sharing Number 2's name! Eric and I have finalized our decision on what we'll call this next boy. Formal announcement coming soon!

at the fair, with a monkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment