Wednesday, July 20, 2016

number 2 [week 20]


Symptoms: Halfway mark, holla! I've been feeling pretty good, aside from constant back pain and being tired. I get uncomfortable easy and can feel worn out after simple tasks (like doing the dishes. (Lame, but also ha!)

Cravings: In-N-Out and Del Taco, the latter I don't even like. For some reason, those commercials for The Del Taco make me salivate. Regardless, I've eaten neither.

Aversions: Water is sometimes super delicious, and other times it's yuck.

Missing: Drinking... not water!

Mood: It's been a great and exciting week!

Sleep: There have been a few days that I've skipped my afternoon nap, and I have no idea how I've been able to function during those evenings. Maybe because I'm off work? Mornings are tough, and I sometimes have a hard time getting out of bed.

Dreams: Dang it, I had a super comical/strange dream last night that I cannot remember. I thought about it so much after waking up that I was sure I wouldn't forget. 

Movement: Number 2 has been so incredibly active lately! Movement happens most often while I eat and when I lie down. The little bean has developed some strength and finally made my stomach bounce this week! I absolutely love feeling the tickles, and Eric thinks that he finally felt a little kick.

Best Moment: We had my 20-week sonogram appointment for Baby's anatomy scan and also found out the gender: it's another boy! While I wasn't completely surprised, I was definitely in a small state of shock after learning that Eric and I are going to have another son. Our new boy looked adorable and measured 11 ounces, adjusting his estimated due date one day ahead to November 30th. We invited our dads and Ashley over for dinner and shared the news by telling Simon in front of them. Poor Monkey had been hoping for a sister so badly, and our hearts completely sank to see his disappointment when informing him that we're instead having a brother. He warmed up to the idea later in the evening when he saw the ultrasound photos on my computer and asked to look at them again. We decided that he could choose his favorite photo and we'd print his own copy to keep in his room. That idea excited him immensely, and ever since Simon has happy greeted "Little Brother" in my tummy and come up with all kinds of activities that they will do together as brothers and best friends. I never imagined I'd be a 'Boy Mom,' but this is the blessing that life has given me. Eric and I would still very much like to have a daughter, so we're not ruling out the possibility of having more children just yet.

Baby Buys: Now that we know that Number 2 is a boy, we bought paint for his nursery! The theme will be penguins (to match my 'Baby Birds' idea, Simon was owls), and the paint color we purchased is called Smoked Turquoise. The color scheme of the room will be a combination of turquoise, light blue, grey, black, white, and brown (because of the furniture--crib and glider). I'm excited to get started on his room, after we finish clearing it out of course!

Other News: I also had my 20-week prenatal appointment. My doctor gave me a copy of the sonogram report, which was "as perfect as perfect can be." Even though I'd had to roll over a lot trying to get Number 2 to change positions for clear views of his heart, all of the movement was successful and the doctors were satisfied with all of the photos. We scheduled my September appointment, and I was in and out in a jiffy. Eric had to miss this visit again due to work, but it wasn't a big deal as it was quick and easy. My little boy's heartbeat still sounded great, and I'm continuing to focus on exercise and good nutrition.

Looking Forward To: My maternity photos have been scheduled for August 7th! I've got to find something to wear!







No comments:

Post a Comment