Tuesday, July 12, 2016

number 2 [week 19]


Symptoms: I've been a little achy and uncomfortable this week. My lower back and hamstring pain probably isn't going anywhere anytime soon. There have also been a few moments when I've felt dizzy after bending down, which I've read is completely normal due to dramatic changes in my cardiovascular system which cause lower blood pressure. On the up side, I've yet to have round ligament pain or darkened skin spots. 

Cravings: I finally got some sour gummy candy! I ate it way too fast.

Aversions: I was a hungry cow all week, nothing really turned me off.

Missing: My deli meat mistress; I was so desperate that I picked some out of a Subway sandwich and a pinwheel, which were both still delicious.

Mood: More and more excited as we come closer to the halfway point!

Sleep: Still loving nap time. It's hard if I miss it.

Dreams: I dreamed that we found out Baby's gender and it was a girl! In the dream, I bawled out of happiness, similar to the day we found out I was pregnant. Apparently, it had been difficult to determine that Number 2 was a girl and there was lots of checking to verify. Never having had a girl, I can imagine that you'd need to double and triple check that there isn't anything hiding between the legs lol.

Movement: Feeling the bug move sometimes almost feels ticklish. He or she is most often active when I eat, lie down in bed, and wake up in the morning (but oddly before I get out of bed). Eric has yet to make contact, but he touches and talks to my belly every chance he gets.

Best Moment: Summer school is officially over! It was a fun and stress-free session, and I'm really glad I took a break from teaching a separate class this year. I now have 32 days of summer to stay home and spend time with Simon, visit with friends, and get a certain someone's nursery in order!

Baby Buys: I went to Hobby Lobby with plans to buy materials to make a quiet sign to put on our front door during nap time. I ended up finding an adorable pre-made sign that I got for 40% off with a coupon, costing roughly as much as I would have spend on the materials to make my own!

Other News: I received my prenatal screening results in the mail and my final result screen is negative! This means that I am considered low risk for having a baby with the specific birth defects for which I was screened. Of course not all birth defects are found by this prenatal screening test, but my test result is reassuring. Here's continuing to hope for a happy, healthy baby!

Looking Forward To: We will learn the gender tomorrow! I'm dying.

Nap time sign!

No comments:

Post a Comment