Symptoms: My gag reflex is off the hook. I'm still nauseous here and there, and I've felt super bloated (like in this photo!).
Cravings: Hash browns and pancakes. Because aren't they just delicious?
Aversions: I want to get back on salads for lunch, which I've wanted nothing to do with for a few weeks. It's such a struggle to get in fruits and veggies early in pregnancy, but it's so important nonetheless!
Missing: Runny eggs. I don't think I'm supposed to have them since they're not fully cooked. But they sound sooooo good.
Mood: Really tired. And really whiny when I'm nauseous and all I want to do is lie around. Eric loves it.
Sleep: I feel like I've been sleeping a little harder. I need all the sleep I can get. Mornings are tough when I'm sleepy/sick.
Dreams: I had a really odd one where I was on the show Switched at Birth. The two main characters switched bodies (a la Freaky Friday), and then one of them died! It was the strangest thing ever.
Clothing: I wore a belly band last week. It was super annoying but way more comfortable than doing the hair tie trick with that particular pair of capris. Some clothes are becoming tighter and I'm going to have to do something about it soon.
Best Moment: I co-hosted a bridal shower for my friend, Jenny, whose wedding Simon and I are in this coming June. It was fun putting on the festivities and catching up with a few friends. I think everything went really well, and the bride and her guests all seemed to have a great time. The whole day sure was tiring, and it took a lot of time for me to recover afterward, but I loved being a part of it and am glad it was a success!
Pregnancy Purchases: One of Jenny's other bridesmaids gave me some milk thistle capsules to help with my nausea. She is in the third trimester of her first pregnancy and swore by these when she was in the nausea stage. I've never heard of milk thistle and am extremely wary of everything I put into my body while pregnant, so I'm going to look into these a little more before giving them a try. Regardless, it was an extremely kind gesture and it would be nice to find some kind of relief!
Other News: I'm counting down until our next prenatal appointment at 11 weeks. I'm so excited to see the baby again and hopefully hear that everything is still progressing perfectly. I feel more nervous than I ever was with Simon, even though I do think I was but I just cannot remember as clearly. But, maybe I'm even more nervous this time because Eric and I have been waiting for this baby, and it terrifies me to think that something could happen. I just want time to move faster so I can rest easier.
Looking Forward To: My birthday and Mother's Day next weekend! I keep forgetting about them since I've been so distracted with pregnancy business. I'm sure both will be a nice celebration with my family.

No comments:
Post a Comment