Symptoms: I got super sick with a cough on top of the worst nausea ever, so weeks 11 and 12 are combined into one post with my photo from last week (which I was barely able to muster up the energy for, hence my miserable expression). I've felt absolutely horrible and even missed work, so I'm cutting myself some slack on this one.
Cravings: Iced tea. I cannot find decaffeinated iced tea (by the bottle or can) anywhere! Eric thoughtfully bought some flavored herbal tea bags for me so I can make my own.
Aversions: Sweet baby peppers! I don't know what happened; we used to be good, then all of a sudden we weren't.
Missing: My old self. Aagghh!
Mood: Pretty pathetic and tired and trying my hardest not to accept any pity.
Sleep: I've been doing a lot of it, as much as I can. It sucks feeling like you could always get more.
Dreams: I'm having a harder time remembering them lately. I dreamed something really funny or odd recently, but I didn't write it down so it's gone.
Clothing: Leaning toward the looser fitting selections as best I can. I feel like I'm showing no matter what I wear.
Best Moment: We had our second prenatal appointment at 11 weeks! Unfortunately, I didn't have an ultrasound, but we did get to hear Baby's heartbeat via a fetal doppler. My doctor performed an exam, I met with the prenatal clerk to fill out paperwork regarding prenatal testing, and I went to the lab for a glucose test and routine blood draw. My lab results have all come back normal, and I'll be returning for my next appointment at 16 weeks.
Pregnancy Purchases: I scored a big bin full of maternity clothes on Facebook for only $25! They're mostly cold weather items, which will come in handy toward the end of my pregnancy and possibly early postpartum. Not everything is my size, so I plan to resell the items that don't work for me. Considering that the entire collection looks to have originally cost hundreds of dollars, I think I got a pretty good deal on the pieces I'm keeping.
Other News: The weekend after my birthday, Eric took Simon and me up to Apple Hill to visit our favorite year-round orchard, Boa Vista Orchards. We also found a new year-round orchard,
Mill View Ranch, that has the most adorable play town for kids. This last weekend was Jenny's bachelorette party and I played DD for the evening. Dinner and dancing made for a really fun girls' night.
No comments:
Post a Comment