Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Simon's nursery revealed

I know, this post is like 11 months late.  But what else can I say other than that I've been a little busy?

It's no secret that the nursery wasn't finished when Simon arrived.  That's actually an understatement because in reality, the nursery pretty much wasn't even started.

Over the course of a few months I slowly got to decorating the room, somewhat replicating the simple idea I had in mind.  I wanted an owl theme with the incorporation of a few small elements relating to Eric, since Simon is his prized first born son after all.

(No offense to any future sons we may bear!)

Anyway, here are the very long-overdue [to me] photos of Simon's nursery.  While it may not look like much, I really love his room with its matching and--at the same time--non-matching qualities, the array of bright colors, and the embracing coziness.  I'm happy when I come in this room.  And so is Simon.  Unless we're trying to put him to bed...  Oye.


Simon's nursery

I purchased the blue dresser at a thrift store years ago
it was previously in our office

crib from Babies "R" Us
bedding (breathable mesh bumper not part of the set) from Target
owl wall decals found on Amazon

owl hook from World Market

this dresser was a Craigslist find

wooden "S" sign found at Marshall's
white frame: invitation from my 1st baby shower
hanging owl ornaments were part of a gift

gray owl found at Ross
frame from Michaels

this frame is another Marshall's find
photo courtesy of Kristine
owl bank purchased from Etsy seller whitedovecrafts

blue/white/brown blanket knit by a coworker for my 3rd baby shower

the owl pictures are wall decals I found at Ross and decided to frame
mats were custom cut for me by Athena
frames are from IKEA

drawer knobs also found at World Market

soap/lotion dispenser from Pier 1
we use it for hand sanitizer

red frame: invitation from our 2nd baby shower
white frame: Abominable Snowman movie poster we had in the office
gray frame: Abominable Snowpeople Family print from Etsy shop berkleyillustration

blue children's table scored in IKEA's "As Is" section for almost 50% off
will be perfect for playing, coloring, etc. when the boy is older

lamp is another World Market find
owl speaker from Toys "R" Us

the famous chair where Simon takes his monthly photo
I haven't rocked him in this much, but we have fun doing photoshoots here
(remember the owl pillow?)

"Baby Simon" banner from 1st baby shower

cube organizer and storage bins from Target

penguins and My First Cthulhu plush were gifts from Simon's 'uncles'
we gave Simon the Laugh & Learn Love to Play Puppy for Easter
owl puppet was a gift (from IKEA)

photo: Eric's hockey team "A win in honor of baby Simon!" after his birth
(photo courtesy of Kristine)
hockey team beanie was made by the wife of one of the players

owl babushka found at Target... Simon's favorite toy right now!
Daddy affectionately named it, "Babushkowl"

Disney books scored at Goodwill

top photo: ultrasound at 18 19 weeks
middle photo: one of our maternity photos
bottom photo: one of Simon's newborn photos 

white rug purchased from Marshall's


I hope you enjoyed Simon's nursery!

No comments:

Post a Comment