With it being the start of the new year, I felt it necessary to post something to kick off 2014 here at my blog. So, here I am posting: Happy New Year!
ringing in 2014
We stayed home as a family rather than going out on New Year's Eve, although we had several invites to parties and to friends' homes for a relaxed evening. Nothing was more relaxing than being in our home in our pajamas, eating junk food and playing with Simon. The baby and I conked out on the couch around 10 or so, and I awoke shortly after midnight to Eric lying on the floor, dozing in and out while playing video games. We had our New Year's kiss and as soon as I suggested we take a family photo with Simon adorably snoozing on my chest, the boy woke up quite fussy and wanted nothing to do with being in a picture. While it might not exactly be a Kodak moment, our first family photo of 2014 is in fact an accurate portrayal of our night and I love how it turned out. Needless to say,we went up to bed minutes later.
When we woke up that morning, the three of us headed over to Jen and Earl's for breakfast (confetti pancakes and mimosas!) and spent some time visiting (and napping, for Eric). In the afternoon, we headed over to James and Athena's to give them their [belated] Christmas gift and enjoyed some tea and treats. We relaxed at home for the rest of our evening, doing a little cleaning and picking up around the house. Since I had just purchased a large plastic tote from Target (they're having an after-Christmas sale right now), we started breaking down a few baby items that Simon no longer uses to put in the garage for storage. Watching Eric dismantle Simon's swing was such a surreal moment; I feel like it wasn't too long ago that I watched him put that swing together when Simon was a newborn. There's no denying that over the next couple months the baby stuff will begin moving out and making way for the toddler stuff that will inevitably be moving in.
Daddy breaking down Simon's swing
and for comparison:
Simon's 1st time in the swing, 3 1/2 weeks old
Oh my, what a difference [less than] a year makes. I can't wait to see what 2014 has in store for our family!
Nope, that is not Simon. Jeez...where has the year gone?! :)
ReplyDelete