So despite the daily headaches, nights of interrupted sleep, back pain, and coming down with a cold, it's kind of been a good week!
The intensity of my headaches has subsided, but the frequency has remained. Their duration is shorter and I have them fewer times a day now. Many times this week I experienced near sleepless nights, waking up every time I turned. A few mornings I woke up with back pain and have noticed over the last couple of days easy discomfort when sitting for too long. The worst was yesterday morning when I woke up with a cold and learned that I am not allowed to take any kind of decongestant. My sore throat seems to already be gone for the most part, but my nose remains a leaky faucet.
I found out a few days ago that the fabulous wives of Eric's awesome hockey team wish to throw us a baby shower in January. I was blown away by their generosity and was immediately excited at the idea. The plan is to have a "co-ed" party including Eric, his teammates, and their significant others. We always have a great time when we all get together outside of hockey and Eric is really looking forward to participating in the shower. The team is almost like our extended family, so it will be so much fun celebrating with them.
Speaking of Eric, I haven't really said much--or enough--about the daddy-to-be. To be honest, the moment I saw the plus sign appear on my home pregnancy test I was worried how Eric would react. To my surprise, he has been nothing short of absolutely excited about having this baby. There's never been a doubt in my mind that he would be an amazing father, and he started practicing from the minute we found out about my pregnancy by taking wonderful care of me. He doesn't hesitate to get me something I may need from the next room (or the store, hehe!), he rubs my back and feet, and he also started helping more around the house before I even had the chance to ask. Baby and I are so very lucky and grateful for Eric and I really do not know how I would survive without him!
Our little one is the size of a navel orange this week and I could not believe the size of this guy when I bought it! It's one thing to imagine or see a photo of something this size; it's another to hold something this big in your hands and think of it as the baby inside of your belly. Supposedly, the little bug is moving around a bunch but I have yet to feel anything that I am sure of from the outside. We have our 3rd prenatal appointment tomorrow and while I believe it isn't planned that I'll have an ultrasound, I may just beg and plead for just a quick glimpse at our lovey. I am pretty sure that we'll get to hear the heartbeat again, which I am looking forward to for sure. Either way, I am definitely keeping my fingers crossed for another green light confirmation of a healthy baby!


No comments:
Post a Comment