About 3 weeks ago I purchased the Be Maternity BeBand in black from Target. My pants were beginning to feel uncomfortable while buttoned and the hair tie trick (looping a hair tie or rubber band around the button, through the button hole and back around the button) gave me the extra space I needed but no flexibility when bending or sitting. Because my pants still fit everywhere except for in the waist, I decided to try a belly band before jumping the gun to maternity pants.
I have been VERY happy with this purchase. The elasticity of the band is perfect and keeps my pants in place when unbuttoned. I also found relief in the comfort of the band's flexibility, which is similar to that of maternity pants. During my first week with the band, just leaving my pants unbuttoned did the trick. During the second week, I felt the need to leave the zipper down a bit. This last week I have been leaving the zipper completely down and the band fully covers my indecent exposure. It's so much fun (and comfy) walking around with your pants undone!
beband at week 13
I know I won't be able to rely on the belly band forever; after 3 weeks of growth I have already noticed that it becomes a little uncomfortable after wearing it all day at work and into the evening. Maternity pants will be gracing my closet space sooner rather than later, and the band has been the perfect addition during this in-between stage of weight and belly gain. I know it's going to be hard to get out of maternity pants, especially after having the baby... but that doesn't mean I'm in any particular rush to get into them!


No comments:
Post a Comment