Wednesday, November 7, 2012

pregnancy [week 23]


My first Halloween - pregnant!  Eric and I had a great time celebrating at a few parties the weekend before.  My costume was a hit and I enjoyed freaking people out with my bottled caffeine-free root beer, purchased specifically to go with my cheerleader outfit.  Eric's costume also got a lot of laughs, mostly from people who were familiar with the character.  On the actual day of Halloween, I had a different outfit lined up that was better suited for work (A.K.A. elementary school-appropriate) and got an even bigger reaction from friends and coworkers.  There's just something about babies and pregnant ladies that people just love!


 Eric as Finn from Adventure Time

 my costume for work!

With my baby shower coming up in December, Eric and I got started on our first baby registry.  We began with Target because the crib bedding I found and fell completely in love with is sold on their website.  Armed with our list and scanner, we began going through Target's baby section selecting bottles, blankets, onesies, and other essentials for Simon.  The baby section seemed small compared to the relative size of the entire store, but after going through each isle I was completely exhausted and overwhelmed.  The prices for certain items like baby monitors and breast pumps began intimidating me and the wall of what seemed like 30+ different pacifiers was taunting.  I started to feel like there were too many choices and didn't know how we were supposed to figure out which was the right one to pick.  I'm sure all first-time parents go through the same feeling of wondering if they're selecting the right amounts and best-quality items for their baby, but by the time we hit the furniture I was hormonal and emotional and ready to call it quits.

    
Simon is supposedly the size of a grapefruit this week, which kind of confuses me because I feel like these fruit comparisons have stopped getting bigger!  Anyway, his face should be fully formed by now, which is really exciting because I absolutely cannot wait to see what (and who!) he looks like.  I am happy to report that I'm still showing no signs of swelling in my legs or feet, even though some days I feel like I'm up and about way too much.  My back pain, shortness of breath, and sitting discomfort are all about the same and of course are very normal for this stage.  The best part of it all is that I have a wonderful husband who is gracious in offering me back and foot rubs when I need them.  I am one lucky wife and mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment