This last week has been a difficult one with all my pregnancy symptoms in high gear. Nausea has been frequent, bathroom trips have been frequent, exhaustion has been frequent, and hormonal crabbiness has been WAY too frequent. I feel queasy several times a day, whether I'm just relaxing or keeping myself busy. I have to run to the little girl's room more often that what seems possible with the amount of fluids I'm drinking. I take one, if not two, naps everyday after work. I get very impatient, and very irritated, very quickly. Taking all this into consideration, though, it seems like I'm progressing through this pregnancy the perfect shade of normal.
Eric caught me during one of my mid-afternoon snoozes
Tomorrow is our first doctor appointment and we'll hopefully get to find out exactly how far along I am, as well as confirm that everything is progressing as expected inside my belly. I am supposed to have my first ultrasound to determine my estimated due date, fill out a bunch of oh-so-fun paperwork, and get blood and urine tests done. I have a huge phobia of getting my blood drawn so Eric will be with me to offer his arm to squeeze. I am trying to focus less on the scary-needle part and more on the I-might-get-to-see-and-hear-my-baby's-heartbeat part. That's the exciting part.
I've made it my goal this week to focus more on my eating habits and activity level. Ever since the morning sickness hit, I've only craved the most unhealthiest of foods. I seriously had a hamburger 3 times and pizza 4 times last week. Yes, I can blame the 4th of July holiday and the mass amount of birthday parties we've attended as of late, but I really need to take responsibility for my nutrition. No more "only a burrito sounds good right now!" and no more laziness. In addition to recommitting to my pre-pregnancy healthy eating habits, my fitness needs to get back in gear as well. I put the kibosh on my Insanity workout once I found out we were expecting and was diligently walking the dog every evening during that first week. In the week since, the weather has been in the triple digits and doggy and I have barricaded ourselves inside the air-conditioned house. Now that the heat has cooled for the time being, we will be getting back outside and I plan to ask about some pregnancy-safe exercises at my appointment tomorrow.
This little baby, the size of a blueberry, has already changed our lives so much in such a small amount of time. I'm so excited to hopefully see our little nugget tomorrow and be able to rest assured that it is developing totally normally. This little bugger has been quite active thus far, and I know its early affects are just the beginning of this crazy, exhausting, bloated journey!


No comments:
Post a Comment