Thursday, April 10, 2014

birthday/mother's day wish list

With my 29th birthday being exactly 4 weeks away and Mother's Day following just 3 days after, I thought it would be fun to create a birthday and Mother's Day gift wish list.  Eric and I usually make lists for each other for birthdays and Christmas, but I haven't really been motivated to ask for anything special over the last year.  For my 28th birthday, I received a bunch of Starbucks gift cards (which are always appreciated!) and Eric bought me a few summer dresses as I was still working on losing the last of my baby weight.  Again for Christmas, I only asked for clothes (sweaters and pajamas), which are great, but not super exciting or original.

This year, I've tried to put a little more thought into gift ideas for me from my family.  There aren't really a lot of things that I want, but I have tried very hard to come up with some new ideas.  The list that I came up with is mostly compiled of things that I like but don't normally do for myself, as well as a few special and unique items that I wouldn't normally ask for.

Here is my birthday and Mother's day gift wish list for 2014:

Flowers

Eric knows that I love having fresh flowers for my birthday, Valentine's Day, and our anniversary.  He usually chooses arrangements that have bright colors rather than always going the traditional route of only roses.  He also knows that I'm not one for extravagant, expensive floral bouquets.  Believe it or not, Safeway is actually one of the best places to buy flowers, for quality and for price!

Hummingbird feeder

I love hummingbirds--maybe because my mom liked them too--and I would enjoy seeing more of them outside my kitchen window.  An antique-looking hummingbird feeder such as this one from Target would not only be stylish, but would also offer a friendly place for lovely little birds to dine and socialize to my viewing delight.

Starbucks Cold Cup, 24 oz.

I've owned (and broken) a few of Starbucks' 16 oz. cold cups, but I'd really like a larger one.  The extra ounces will especially come in handy for the summer months up ahead when it will be important for me to be drinking more water.  While a plain cup would suffice, I really love this Blossom Design Cold Cup, which is super cute for spring.

Ulta gift card

I am a frequent Ulta shopper, so a store or online gift card would go a long way.  I also take advantage of the salon services that Ulta has to offer, so using a gift card on a hair cut or color treatment would be a great way for me to pamper myself!

Massage/spa package

I have been wanting a professional massage F-O-R-E-V-E-R, and being a tired, working mom of a toddler means that I am exhausted and in need of a nice, relaxing spa experience all the time.  Groupon has lots of deals in our area!





Manicure and pedicure

See a 'pampering' theme here?  Who doesn't like to be pampered, especially for Mother's Day!  Getting my nails done is a treat that I rarely partake in, really less than once a year.  Groupon again has lots of deals for local nail salon services, but a gift certificate to Kathy Nails, where Jen has taken me in the past, would be nice as well. 

Handstamped necklace

I'd really love some kind of personalized necklace with Simon's name and birthstone, like this one from The Vintage Pearl.  This shop has many other options for handstamped jewelry, so there are actually quite a few designs that I am fond of. I'm not sure if I'd rather pick something out myself or be surprised... they have so much cute stuff!

I am very much looking forward to my birthday and Mother's Day this year and celebrating both events with my family.  I'm sure that I will love whatever gifts I receive, but I also hope that this short wish list will be of some help, too.  Remember, separate gifts for each occasion, please!  ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I have a necklace from The Vintage Pearl and I love it. Was able to add a charm when I had Warner too, so easy.

    ReplyDelete