Tuesday, November 8, 2016

number 2 [week 36]


Symptoms: This baby has gotten lower, and I've upped my waddling game. I know it's not possible, but sometimes it feels like he could fall straight out. Bonuses to my dropping belling include more ease in bending and moving, as well as the ability to walk faster when it doesn't feel like he's so deep down in my pelvis. My contractions have slowed waaaay down, and my energy level has been extremely high over the course of the last 5 days. Don't quite know what to think of that.

Cravings: I have been all over Simon's Halloween candy like white on rice (or brown, I should say, since I've switched due to its lower glycemic index).

Aversions: The junky candy, of course.

Missing: Non-maternity clothes, specifically jeans. By means of some kind of witchcraft, they all feel too big now.

Mood: I've been really hormonal lately, especially toward my poor husband. Maybe because I've been stressing to get everything packed and ready, and he's been joking and silly. I feel bad, but it's hard to control my whirlwind of emotions.

Sleep: Some nights I don't move an inch, others I wake with insomnia. I'd love to just sleep comfortably for an entire day before this baby comes.

Dreams: I had another sort-of break up dream, but it didn't follow its regular pattern. It was dumb regardless.

Movement: Wesley has dropped so much that now he kicks me in my elbow when my right arm is down at my side. He's also traveled inches away from my ribs, thank goodness. It's so strange feeling his movements so much lower in my belly!

Best Moment: Getting labor ready! We got both car seat bases installed in both cars (the infant seat went into my car), and I packed my hospital and diaper bags. I also pulled out all of Simon's newborn size and 0-3 month size clothing, receiving blankets, towels, and wash cloths and got them laundered and put away in Wesley's room along with all of his new items. My dad finished painting and installing the shelves and bedroom door of the nursery, and I began decorating and organizing. All that's left is to put up the curtain rod and the replacement trim piece over the top of the shelves. It's almost all finally together!

Baby Buys: Over the weekend I made some exchanges and got clothing in different sizes, purchased diapers, ordered the rest of the linens needed, and bought all of my postpartum care items for my hospital bag. Shopping is so fun, and I even got to get out of the house on my own!

Other News: I went to my 36-week prenatal appointment on Thursday, and my doctor performed a physical exam to see if this show has gotten started. Wesley was head down, and I was dilated 1 cm and effaced 50%! At 36 weeks with Simon I was also dilated 1 cm but didn't mention anything about effacement, so I'm taking this as a sign that maybe I'm a little further ahead with Wesley. I also had my Group B strep test done and already found out that I'm negative. And, to my astonishment, I learned that I've only gained 0.6 lbs. in the last 4 weeks. I was dumbfounded since I have been a lot less stressed out about carbs but still eating healthy, but my doctor wasn't concerned about Wesley gaining weight. Maybe I'm actually still losing weight with my new diet, and Wesley's taking it all?

Looking Forward To: Going into labor. Wait, did I just say that? I did. I'm ready for Wesley to be here! 36 weeks was as far as I got in documenting my pregnancy with Simon, as I went into labor at 38 weeks before I was able to write my week 37 post. We'll see what lies ahead from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment